A letter for a friend

Thursday, December 25, 2008

This post is specially dedicated to a friend of mine who is cursed in the name of 'love'

Dear friend,

I knew how suffered you felt, I felt you. Perhaps the road you traveled differ with mine. But you know as much as I do that we are partly the same. We were cursed before, in the name of 'love'. But I crawled myself back up and stand to where I am today. But I am sad to see you, cursing yourself. Your soul know no rest. Regardless your attempt to escape, it came back. I felt the same too.

But remember my good friend,

Poisoning your earthen vessel makes no change. In fact when it comes to a point where the soul left the body, there is nothing that will change that. I knew that even if my cold body were left behind her backyard, I will soon rot and filled with sadness and regret because she will not be there to raise me up. So my good friend, let it go. You deserve much better life than this.

I know I do.

People today forgotten many things in life. The blinding tools, money and status were not supposed to our life's measuring stick. Those tools does not judge how happy we are with our life.
But selfishness has lead people today to run to the shadow of darkness. I was but now no more. My family and I were marginalized by her parents. My family left no pride. I was lost. I was caught by this curse. I could not cry for years but that doesn't mean I found enlightenment in me. It took me almost 4 years to finally burst in tear upon the foot of my mother. I was finally freed.

That was why, I stand as I am today is filled with high motivation to keep myself up.
No words should keep me down no more.

Its real tough to just put up the picture.
But I want you to know that I can fight against the odds today
because I believe in myself.



My good friend,

It was not easy for me. I cant say I forget her. 1st love is indeed special. But I cant put myself in such position no more. But trust me, time heals. Do not assume that distance could change anything. Do not treat it as an escape, but treat it as something to keep your mind back on track. Indeed when you see the light, you feel lighter.




ALEX CHUA @ Enlightenment2day.blogspot.com


P/S:I am grateful that I have friends, family and my girlfriend to back me up. My girlfriend, she may not be the best girl in the world. She may not be smarter, prettier, or maybe even better expressive compared to her, but she loves me for who I am. And my family is acknowledged and trusted for how they raised me. That is what most important to me.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow.. this is deep.